Solid Bronze Victorian Lady Bust
Women of the Victorian era were treated with the utmost respect. This authentically handcrafted cold-cast bronze sculpture depicts an affluent 19th-century woman’s head, neck, and a portion of her torso. Her skin including her face is plated in a golden tone. Her hair and clothing are covered in cherry with deep brown patina linings. It has meticulous attention to detail, from the facial features and hairstyle to the round pearl jewelry, decorative elements, and the ornate engravings on her chest.
- Finish Colour: Two-Tone (Gold and Cherry)
- Style: A classic antique decorative piece associated with maturity and earthiness, perfectly proportioned to join a shelf, console, or table.
- High-Quality Material: Bronze is ductile, strong, and durable which allows complex detailing because it can easily fit in any mold.
- Attention to Detail: The sculpture has very detailed elements from the facial features and hairstyle to the round pearl jewelry, decorative elements, and the ornate engravings on her chest.
- Width (side to side): 15"
- Height (bottom to top): 24"
- Depth (front to back): 8"
Bronze is the most popular metal for cast metal sculptures because of the alloy’s ductility so it is not brittle when cast. It also has incredible strength.
Gold and Cherry
- Bronze- Rinse the surface with clean running water. Pay particular attention to places on textured surfaces that collect and hold water. Use a mixture of non-ionic or neutral detergent and water to clean the surface. Allow the surface of the bronze sculpture to dry in the sun. Towels may be used to help soak up water remaining in low-lying areas of texture.