Solid Bronze Girl Drinking on a Hot Summer Day
This wonderful sculpture portrays a young girl in a short dress standing while drinking out a water hose on a hot summer day to quench her thirst. This piece is authentically handcrafted and cold-cast. It is covered in light copper with deep brown patina accents. It has meticulous attention to detail, from the little lady’s thirsty facial expression, hair, and dress (with a Mickey Mouse and crease engravings), to her shoes, the water hose she’s holding, and the rock-shaped base she’s standing on.
- Finish Colour: Light Copper
- Style: A classic antique decorative piece associated with maturity and earthiness, perfectly proportioned to join a shelf, console, or table.
- High-Quality Material: Bronze is ductile, strong, and durable which allows complex detailing because it can easily fit in any mold.
- Attention to Detail: The sculpture has very detailed elements from the little lady’s thirsty facial expression, hair, and dress (with a Mickey Mouse and crease engravings), to her shoes, the water hose she’s holding, and the rock-shaped base she’s standing on.
- Width (side to side): 26"
- Height (bottom to top): 46"
- Depth (front to back): 15"
Bronze is the most popular metal for cast metal sculptures because of the alloy’s ductility so it is not brittle when cast. It also has incredible strength.
- Bronze- Rinse the surface with clean running water. Pay particular attention to places on textured surfaces that collect and hold water. Use a mixture of non-ionic or neutral detergent and water to clean the surface. Allow the surface of the bronze sculpture to dry in the sun. Towels may be used to help soak up water remaining in low-lying areas of texture.