Solid Bronze Ganesha Resting on Peacock-Shaped Cot
Lord Ganesh, the Remover of Obstacles, is rich in symbolism and is used as a spiritual guide. This is a majestic piece that features the deity sitting over a peacock-shaped cot (or carriage). It is a bronze sculpture that’s authentically handcrafted in cold-cast mould. Ganesha is seen in a reclining position, looking more relaxed while holding a Shankha and a bowl of Modak. His skin is covered in warm caramel bronze while the rest has a reddish-bronze finish. The sculpture looks fantastic because of the way Ganesha’s features and the peacock are crafted. Every feather and the eyes of the peacock are finely carved to look beautiful.
- Finish Colour: Two-Tone (Reddish Bronze, Caramel)
- Style: A classic antique decorative altarpiece associated with maturity and earthiness.
- High-Quality Material: Bronze is ductile, strong, and durable which allows complex detailing because it can easily fit in any mold.
- Attention to Detail: The sculpture has very detailed elements because of the way Ganesha’s features and the peacock are crafted. Every feather and the eyes of the peacock are finely carved to look beautiful.
- Width (side to side): 16"
- Height (bottom to top): 10"
- Depth (front to back): 6"
Bronze is the most popular metal for cast metal sculptures because of the alloy’s ductility so it is not brittle when cast. It also has incredible strength.
Reddish Bronze, Caramel
- Bronze- Rinse the surface with clean running water. Pay particular attention to places on textured surfaces that collect and hold water. Use a mixture of non-ionic or neutral detergent and water to clean the surface. Allow the surface of the bronze sculpture to dry in the sun. Towels may be used to help soak up water remaining in low-lying areas of texture.