Solid Bronze Athena Bust
Athena in Greek religion is the city protectress, and the goddess of war, handicraft, and practical reason. This authentically handcrafted Art Nouveau cold-cast bronze sculpture depicts the greek deity who gazes out at the viewer with a forlorn look that creates an impression of melancholy. It only features her head, neck, and a portion of her torso. This piece is patinated in gold with deep brown linings and spots of green patina. It has meticulous attention to detail, from the facial features and hairstyle to her clothing’s creases, decorative elements, and the floral engravings on her chest.
- Finish Colour: Gold
- Style: A classic antique decorative piece associated with maturity and earthiness, perfectly proportioned to join a shelf, console, or table.
- High-Quality Material: Bronze is ductile, strong, and durable which allows complex detailing because it can easily fit in any mold.
- Attention to Detail: The sculpture has very detailed elements from the facial features and hairstyle, to her clothing’s creases, decorative elements, and the floral engravings on her chest.
- Width (side to side): 16"
- Height (bottom to top): 26.5"
- Depth (front to back): 10.5"
Bronze is the most popular metal for cast metal sculptures because of the alloy’s ductility so it is not brittle when cast. It also has incredible strength.
- Bronze- Rinse the surface with clean running water. Pay particular attention to places on textured surfaces that collect and hold water. Use a mixture of non-ionic or neutral detergent and water to clean the surface. Allow the surface of the bronze sculpture to dry in the sun. Towels may be used to help soak up water remaining in low-lying areas of texture.