Frederic Remington Bust "The Savage"
Frederic Remington was an American illustrator, painter, sculptor, and writer who specialized in depictions of Native American Indians. This authentically handcrafted cold-cast bronze sculpture depicts the "The Savage", one of his most celebrated masterpieces where it includes the head, neck, and a portion of a man’s torso. This unique statement piece is covered in bronze earth with the face painted in a golden shade and the rest, including the base, featuring green patina, and goldish accents. It has meticulous attention to detail, from the Savage's facial features, and his hoops to his teeth and clothing.
- Finish Colour: Two-Tone (Bronze Earth and Gold)
- Style: A classic antique decorative piece associated with maturity and earthiness, perfectly proportioned to join a shelf, console, or table.
- High-Quality Material: Bronze is ductile, strong, and durable which allows complex detailing because it can easily fit in any mold.
- Attention to Detail: The sculpture has very detailed elements from the Savage's facial features and his hoops to his teeth and clothing.
- Width (side to side): 5.5"
- Height (bottom to top): 10"
- Depth (front to back): 4"
Bronze is the most popular metal for cast metal sculptures because of the alloy’s ductility so it is not brittle when cast. It also has incredible strength.
Bronze Earth and Gold
- Bronze- Rinse the surface with clean running water. Pay particular attention to places on textured surfaces that collect and hold water. Use a mixture of non-ionic or neutral detergent and water to clean the surface. Allow the surface of the bronze sculpture to dry in the sun. Towels may be used to help soak up water remaining in low-lying areas of texture.