Darwin's Theory Evolution Ape Thinker
Darwin's Theory of Evolution is the widely held notion that all life is related and has descended from a common ancestor. Here, a monkey is asking which is true—did it evolve and will really become a man someday, or was it created an ape and will always just be an ape? This authentically handcrafted cold-cast bronze sculpture depicts Darwin's Ape that is holding a human skull. This piece is covered in bronze earth with the face painted in a golden shade and the rest, including the base, featuring green patina, and goldish accents. It has meticulous attention to detail, from the facial features of the monkey and physique to the square platform.
- Finish Colour: Two-Tone (Bronze Earth and Gold)
- Style: A classic antique decorative piece associated with maturity and earthiness, perfectly proportioned to join a shelf, console, or table.
- High-Quality Material: Bronze is ductile, strong, and durable which allows complex detailing because it can easily fit in any mold.
- Attention to Detail: The sculpture has very detailed elements from the Sergeant’s facial features to his hat and clothing.
- Width (side to side): 6"
- Height (bottom to top): 13"
- Depth (front to back): 6"
Bronze is the most popular metal for cast metal sculptures because of the alloy’s ductility so it is not brittle when cast. It also has incredible strength.
Bronze Earth and Gold
- Bronze- Rinse the surface with clean running water. Pay particular attention to places on textured surfaces that collect and hold water. Use a mixture of non-ionic or neutral detergent and water to clean the surface. Allow the surface of the bronze sculpture to dry in the sun. Towels may be used to help soak up water remaining in low-lying areas of texture.