Bronze Art Nouveau Aphrodite and Eros
The ancient Greeks considered Aphrodite to be an extremely powerful deity. Together with Eros, Aphrodite oversaw all relationships. None could resist her when she urged them on. This elegant piece features the goddess trying to cover herself and her son Eros clutching by her side. This authentically hand-cast in cold-cast bronze sculpture is painted in dark bronze with sand gold accents. It has meticulous attention to detail, from their facial features, robe cloth, and hair to their overall physique and the round ancient platform their both standing on.
- Finish Colour: Dark Bronze
- Style: A classic antique decorative piece associated with maturity and earthiness, perfectly proportioned to join a shelf, console, or table.
- High-Quality Material: Bronze is ductile, strong, and durable which allows complex detailing because it can easily fit in any mold.
- Attention to Detail: The sculpture has very detailed elements from Aphrodite and Eros’ facial features, robe cloth, and hair to their overall physique and the round ancient platform their both standing on.
- Width (side to side): "
- Height (bottom to top): 17"
- Depth (front to back): "
Bronze is the most popular metal for cast metal sculptures because of the alloy’s ductility so it is not brittle when cast. It also has incredible strength.
- Bronze- Rinse the surface with clean running water. Pay particular attention to places on textured surfaces that collect and hold water. Use a mixture of non-ionic or neutral detergent and water to clean the surface. Allow the surface of the bronze sculpture to dry in the sun. Towels may be used to help soak up water remaining in low-lying areas of texture.